Maysville Monitor Archive (Newspaper Archive)The Maysville Monitor was a local newspaper published in Maysville, Kentucky from 1830 to 1842. Richard Henry Stanton was the editor and proprietor of the publication from 1835 to 1842. This collection includes newspapers published from January 4, 1838 to September 2, 1841.
Morehead History & Railroad Museum Lantern Collection (Morehead History & Railroad Museum)The Morehead History & Railroad Museum Lantern Collection consists of railroad signal lanterns and lamps from the permanent collection of the Morehead History & Railroad Museum in Morehead, Kentucky.
The Morehead History & Railroad Museum is a public institution formed in 2016. The museum resides in a converted Passenger Depot which was built in 1881 by the Elizabethtown, Lexington, and Big Sandy Railroad Company. Ownership of the depot changed hands with the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad Company in 1892 and operated until the late 1960’s. The building remained unused until it was renovated in 2014 and officially recognized by the National Register of Historic Places in 2016, leading to the formation of the museum later that year. The museum features artifacts relating to the history of the six railroads that traversed the Rowan County area, the Rowan County War, and the agricultural history of Kentucky.
Photographs and metadata by Jacob Matthew Bush and Christian Wright.
WMKY Audio Recordings Archive (Library and Archives)The WMKY Audio Recordings Archive collection consist of digitized audio recordings of radio programs broadcasted on the National Public Radio station located on the campus of Morehead State University. WMKY, at 90.3 FM, has served the communities of eastern Kentucky, southern Ohio and western West Virginia since 1965. The radio station offers regional news, public affairs and documentary programming, as well as a variety of regional music programs consisting of classical, jazz and Americana (bluegrass, blues, folk and traditional/old-time). Included with the collection are audio recordings acquired and retained by the radio station from events held on the Morehead campus prior to 1995.
The quality of the audio recordings may vary considerably depending upon the method in which it was recorded and stored.
Digitization and metadata provided by David Ace and April Morgan