Embury No.2 Air Pilot Lantern, circa. 1939-1953. The maker's marks on each side of the tank read as follows: "Embury No. 2 Air Pilot" and Embury MFG. Co, Warsaw, NY USA. The "Air Pilot" line of lanterns was introduced in 1939 to replace the "Supreme" model of lantern.
The "Embury Manufacturing Company" was incorporated on November 27, 1908 and located at 189 Platt Street, Rochester, NY. The company later sold to the R. E. Dietz Manufacturing Company in 1953.
Date of Entry
Height with Handle Extended (inches)
History | United States History
Embury Manufacturing Company, "Embury No.2 Air Pilot Lantern" (2021). Morehead History & Railroad Museum Lantern Collection. 15.
Download Full Text (1.8 MB)